Business Services Firm Brand Strategy
New York, New York
Crafting a startup for a saturated marketplace
Lux Global Partners is a startup business advisory firm supporting entrepreneurs and inventors whose products and technologies advance goals of global sustainability and conservation.
First we identified the potential barriers to outreach and growth:
- Many VCs advise against hiring a business advisory firm.
- Lux is a new player in a heavily saturated marketplace—both domestically and internationally—of established VC firms and business advisory firms each trying to attract the best products and bright minds in clean tech, emerging tech, sustainability, and conservation.
Fine-tuning the direction of the brand, its value, and its target audience
We advised the client after a few misfires on brand naming. They wanted to name the business themselves. However, one choice was too narrowly focused and would’ve made it difficult to add new partners; another had a trademark conflict.
We challenged the Lux team to think beyond partner bios and service descriptions, from which we built a brand brief outlining the following:
- Value proposition
- Key stakeholders
- Core purpose
- Vision statement
- Primary & secondary target audiences
- Similar organizations
- Brand attributes
- Positioning statement
- Audience attributes
Spreading the visuals and messaging across multiple channels and platforms
- We translated the brand messaging and research into a logo design and visual system that truly embodies Lux’s Big Idea, which emerged from the brand definition process, that they are: At the intersection of idea and launch.
- We created business cards, flyers, and presentation folders to match the visual style.
- We designed and launched a website to describe their programs and business philosophy.
- We set up and customized their LinkedIn company page. After just one month, their website traffic was up 65.48%; number of users were up 38.89%; pageviews were up 85.37%; average session duration was up 153.07%; and bounce rate was down 18.55%.
- We then designed and built their trade show booth, with branded 8-foot wall, podium, pens, Surface tablet stand, and magazine rack.
An extranet for customer engagement
The portal unifies and streamlines processes for internal staff, clients, and channel partners. It features project management, e-commerce, document management, and communication tools, which opens up opportunities for a better and more professional user experience for everyone the consultancy represents and collaborates with. UX and portal design and launch followed.